ECOTOUR PROJECT aims to define a new profile for a specific qualification on the labour market: Tourism Energy Manager.
The objectives of the project are :
- implementing the ECVET principles of formulation of learning outcomes, design of units, templates for the memorandum of understanding (MoU) and the learning agreement (LA) for the Tourism Energy Manager qualification. The methodology for assessment, validation and recognition of units will be created through pilot testing, that will improve the ECVET system for tourism and of other sectors.
- creation of a e-learning platform that will be tested in the consortium. This self-learning tool will be free of charge to all interested stakeholders and potential end users: teachers and trainers, managers and staff of hotes, pensions, restaurants, tourism agents, manufacturers and suppliers for hospitality industry. The learning experience of the participants to the pilot test will be certified by the diplomas awarded by the consortium.
- the project offers an answer of the VET and ECVET system to the identified needs of the labour market by elaborating the profile of a new workplace in the tourism industry: Tourism Energy Manager. The need for this new job was identified in partners' regions Tourism Action Plans. Our aim is to enhance the cooperation between VET providers and tourism professional stakeholders (labours, education and training institutions, relevant public authorities in tourism industry.
The partnership's consortium is formed by university foundations, research institutes, regional authorities, tourism association, VET providers, energy efficiency associations from Romania, Austria, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Finland. The project will transfer learning methodologies and innovative principles from the secondary sector to the tourism industry in order to allow the development of new skills for a new job in this sector: the Tourism Energy Manager. The Energy Manager is already included in the National Occupations Catalogue in Romania but the occupational standards refers only to qualifications for the secondary sectors.
Pilot testing, awareness raising events and trainings are just some mediums through which the project plans to give these skills to the tourism sector, and on a longer term, foster further development of the knowledge skills and competencies in other tertiary industries
ECOTOUR project addresses to a large number of potential users of the project results. By the dissemination and communication activities of the project, this target group will be informed about the quality and utility of the products obtained for their work.
The profile and number of direct beneficiaries of the project target group include:
• 270 people from the following categories: managers and hotels staff managers, restaurants, travel agencies, manufacturers and suppliers in the hospitality industry, teachers and trainers and
• 180 people from institutions that are involved in training and educational policies of the six member countries of the European Union, from which are the project partners. National Tourism Authorities, Ministries of Education, National Centre for Vocational Education and Technical, National Authority for Qualifications, National Councils for Curriculum, Sectorial Committees in Tourism, Agencies for Quality Assurance in Pre-University Studies, etc.
The project direct beneficiaries will be invited to participate to the pilot courses that will be located in the six partner countries of the project to test the e-learning platform (the first category) and to test ECVET model (the second category) that will be presented to them. With this occasion, the participants will be consulted in order to correct the form of the documents produced by the project and encouraging them to support the uptake of this model at regional and national level. For participants from the second category the project will form a European working group for the exchange of experiences and best practices for ensuring the sustainability of the ECVET model in Tourism Energy Manager after the project completion. Project Presentation English